theInquiry. Search for more Political Topics here!

Custom Search

Thursday, November 13, 2008

A good idea.

On the blog site "A Smorgasbord of Politics" I finally found a posting I was interested in writing a commentary on.

She brings up the issue that I too brought up in my second blog posting but in a different way.
The younger teens simply wanted to vote for Obama simply just because of his race and others wanted to vote for Hilary simply on her gender.

Well, thats just ridculous in itself. Students are persuaded by Obama because of his "celebrity-like" persona. Which in most case is an effective strategey seeing how statics showed a historical increase in voting turnout, an astonishing 60% percent americans voted versus past years.
But yes I agree people are so image obbessed in this country but in the contrary Obama is change. He relates to young people and shares interest in ridding lobbyist and non-sense laws restricting certain citizens rights.

McCain had strong creditbility (even though he recycled his speeches time and time again).
But american knew that if McCain croaked would we really feel safe with that hockey mom in office? I mean SERIOULSY. And it was kind of sad to watch an TWO (sold out) theatres of people watching the VP debates (at the alamo drafthouse) laughing and mocking Palin as she consitantly went into rabbit trails and was incapable of answering a question. Working that night was a pretty good laugh for me too. Her and that alaska energy.

Have an anonymous election is an interesting idea, but maybe that should be new restrictions on campaigning. As in no "negative campaigning" or slander, and hey isn't that a law?? Slander refers to a malicious, false, and defamatory spoken statement or report.

In law, defamation (also called calumny, libel, slander, and vilification) is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may give an individual, business, product, group, government or nation a NEGATIVE image.

Oh well, I guess when you're running for president laws like that don't apply to you. By the way another film is coming out,
a 1977 interview when David Frost interviewed the then Republican President Richard Nixon, who declared, "When the president does it, its not illegal..."
checkout: Frost/Nixon directed by Ron Howard coming 12/5

No comments:

my political ideology

somewhere in the, tejas
My name is Sarah Carpenter, I view myself as and independent leaning to the left a bit. I'm taking this class to futher my knowledge of texas government. I also want to prove to others that the difference between me and other "young voters" , I know what I'm voting for and why. In better words: I don't vote stupid. Not only that, it's very naive to not know anything about your own state's government. I don't have much political backgorund, but i am very opinionated when it comes to war, congress, and gay civil rights. I have a strong interest in history when it comes to wars such as the one in Veitnam and the times of the civil rights movement. So hopfully people can gain an insight into what I beleive and think, Hopfully I won't offend anyone.